The Board will begin extension works and comprehensive reform of the road from Marbella to Istán (A-7176) in an “imminent” way, once it has been signed this week the contract with the winning company, Lantania, for 4.2 million of euros, as announced this Friday by the Minister of Development, Articulation of the Territory and Housing, Marifrán Carazo.

The regional manager has influenced the collaborative work undertaken between the Consistory of Marbella and the Junta de Andalucía to “make possible, after years of requests from its inhabitants, the transformation of this urban section to promote a better coexistence between cars, cyclists and pedestrians”.

The counselor has indicated that the works, with a duration of 12 months, will solve the road safety issues that the road suffered from its narrowness, with a roadway width of less than six meters without shoulders and that made mobility difficult not only for vehicles, but also for the many cyclists who circulate along this two-kilometre stretch, from the intersection to the old N -340 until the intersection with the Mediterranean motorway (A-7).

Likewise, he highlighted “the dialogue and close institutional collaboration” with the Marbella City Council, which resulted in “the signing of the collaboration agreement with its mayor, Ángeles Muñoz, to be able to carry out the work”. As a result of that agreement, the Junta de Andalucía undertook to finance the 60%, while the remaining 40% would correspond to the Consistory of Marbella.

The project includes shoulders 1.5 meters wide, the rectification of its longitudinal profile and the construction of four roundabouts that regulate circulation, reduce speed and improve road safety at existing intersections. Also, perimeter sidewalks will be built on both sides of 2.5 meters wide.

will also run cross drainage works for the improvement of the hydraulic operation, with the expansion by means of prefabricated frames of the existing masonry work in the Tejar stream, and in the substitution of two masonry works of two natural runoffs. On the other hand, action will be taken drainage of the platform and its margins through the provision on both sidewalks and next to the curb line, of grid and mailbox-type drains. Lastly, ditches will be included on the margins at the foot of the clearings to prevent water from reaching the sidewalks.

This work will be completed with the public lighting installation, underground electricity under the pavement and a network of irrigation and gardening. will also be incorporated woodland with plantation of palm trees along the route, in addition to new horizontal and vertical signage, beaconing devices and protection measures.

More than 2,000 vehicles circulate daily along this section, of which 11% is heavy traffic. Although it adjoins several urbanizations, lacks sidewalks and lighting, Therefore, it is a great danger for the neighbors. Its margins, therefore, are not suitable for the proximity to the houses, which generate many journeys on foot and by bicycle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *