Audi and Jordi Roca, considered one of the best pastry chefs in the world and responsible for the dessert game at El Celler de Can Roca restaurant, with three Michelin stars, present the recipe for e-roscón, the most innovative Roscón de Reyes in this country. Christmas.
Under the motto “This year we are not for beans”, they encourage all families from their homes to replace the legumes that traditionally include these typical Christmas sweets with positive surprises that help to face the new year with enthusiasm.
The tradition of the roscón de Reyes comes from Roman times, and continued in France with the “Haba festival” that was celebrated every January 6, making a round bun with a legume inside. In the S. In the 18th century, a gold coin was also added to the sweet, so the legume began to have a negative meaning, forcing whoever found it to pay for the roscón. Now, the most emblematic dessert of Christmas returns in its most innovative version from the hand of Audi and the prestigious chef Jordi Roca: the e-roscón.
For all those who have not been able to get one of the 250 roscones that Audi has raffled, they will be able to make their own following the recipe step by step by entering: www.e-roscon.es
5 g Salt
53 g Sucrose (Sugar)
21 g fresh yeast
220 g pasteurized egg
440 g Strength flour
44 g whole milk
220 g butter
18 g Confit whole Yuzu (Yuzu) Gross: 31.19 g
18 g of diced orange jam
18 g diced lemon jam
7 g Mandarin zest (bag)
50 g Almond grains
50 g pearl sugar
100 g Whipped cream of vanilla and orange blossom
Step by Step:
- We mix the milk and yeast in a bowl.
- We put flour, salt, sucrose and the milk and yeast mixture in the blender and mix everything.
- Then we add the egg, the butter and finally the orange, the lemon, the confit yuzu and the tangerine zest.
- When the dough has consistency, we let it rest for 3 hours in the fridge.
- We take the dough out of the fridge and mold it on a smooth surface and shape the roscón and leave it to ferment for 3 hours.
- We paint the raw roscones with egg yolk, granulated almonds and pearl sugar.
- We put it in the oven at 130 degrees for 40 minutes. To finish, we remove it from the oven, let it cool and fill it with cream from the bottom.
- We decorate to our liking with fresh or candied fruit.